Thursday, March 10, 2005
More miscellaneous thoughts:
- When I was a kid I used to have this electric toothbrush where the base unit had a hard plastic sculpture of the tooth fairy that held the toothbrush when you weren't using it. When you picked the toothbrush up off the base it would start playing a little song... probably to entertain you while you brushed? Or to give you an idea of how long to keep brushing? Anyway, it was hideous and screechy and annoying, and it's still stuck in my head twenty years later!! "Brush your little teeth. Brush your little teeth. Keep them clean and bright all day. Brush them up and down. Brush them all around. Brush tooth decay away. I'm the tooth fairy!" Ahhhhhhhhh!!!
- I had a nightmare last week where I was one of the evil girls from The Craft. I was in a high school hallway and was making a kind of mini-tornado. Papers and books were spinning everywhere. For some reason it really creeped me out and woke me up out of a sound sleep. Of course, a couple of nights ago I had a much nicer dream where I was dating Johhny Depp, and an even nicer one last night where a boy I like gave me a flower and held my hand. Step aboard, folks. Tours of my subconcious will be departing every hour on the hour.
- This week I checked out the new gym that's about to open in Lincoln Square Mall and it looks like I'll probably join. It's about $10/month cheaper than the plan I had at Gold's, and you can get a trainer to design a workout for you for a really reasonable price. Of course, I'll have to give up my beloved sauna, but this gym is also within walking distance of my house, which Gold's is not, so hopefully I'll find it easier to go. I've got to get my arms in better shape if I ever hope to make it to the top of the rock climbing silo.
- When I got to work this morning (after catching the 8:40 bus for once) I went into the bathroom and someone was in the big stall, possibly changing. Plus there was a toothbrush and a tube of toothpaste on the counter by the sink. Is someone living in the ISRL? It doesn't seem like it would be nearly as cool as living in the Met. Although I guess you could make a fort out of the big conference table and some office chairs.
- Reason #5,672 that I'm a gigantic dork: Yesterday when I was complaining to someone that it was too cold to wear a skirt outside he jokingly offered to trade his pants for my skirt. On the way back to GSLIS I thought of the perfect comeback, and it made me giggle the rest of the way there. My perfect comeback? "Are you saying you want me to get into your pants?" Um. Sure, that's great flirting... if you're twelve. Which I apparently am, because I'm still giggling just a little bit.
Comments: Post a Comment